Saturday, June 13, 2009

An AH HA moment!

Funny when the light bulb turns on and you have an AH HA moment. My AH HA about Paperclay happened while I was making coffee for my hubahubby and me. I got up early this morning and quietly went down to my studio to work on a halloween kitty sculpture. After about 30 minutes I decided to go make coffee before everyone else started to wake up. As I'm standing in the dark, trying to make sure I pour the water in the coffee maker and not on the counter I suddenly realized why other artists work on more than one paperclay sculpture at a time.

Now I'm use to working with oil based clays or polymer clays. With those materials I can sit down for hours of uninterupted sculpting and get totally lost in an artistic haze. Not so with paperclay, or at least that's what I thought. I love working with paperclay. I love the feel of it, I love the ease of it, I love the look of it..... I hate that it takes so long to dry before I can work another area of detail.

Ready for it ..... here it comes ..... AH HA, doh, slap on forehead ....... work on more than one piece at a time you silly artist you! Sigh ....... guess I need to clean my work table a bit so I can have room for several pieces being worked on at the same time.

2 comments:

Skeleton In My Closet said...

Love your blog! Hubbahubby...LOL! Too funny (and very sweet) I may have to borrow that to use on my hubby ; )

Josie

Tamara Dozier said...

Hehehe, he laughs whenever I call him that but secretly I think he really likes it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails