Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Trashy Treasure

My Hubbahubby works for a small company that recycles old, dead electronics like computers, printers and such. They have this big bin out in front of their building where people can dump their dead electronics. Funny thing is every now and then someone dumps something interesting.

Hubbahubby brought home a box with bits and pieces of things he thought I might find interesting. As I'm sorting through mostly junk ..(he tries but the poor guy doesn't have one artistic gene in his hunky body) I discover this sad little treasure just wimpering to me to save it.



Now this makes me curious. First of all, I'm pretty sure this is not now nor never was anything electronic. Nope, couldn't find a single switch or burnt out wire anywhere on it.

Second, who on earth would throw this little gem in a box of broken computers and monitors? Okay, I know there are people in this world who are not artists, poor things ... but come on, does this look anything at all like a broken printer?

I rescued this neglected little display and it was so greatful that it whispered a secret in my ear. It told me it was really a witch's cottage and if I gave it a good cleaning and some fresh paint it would show the world it did have some worth.

Hmmmmmm, the images are starting to swirl in my head. My muse is clearing her throat ......

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails