Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I'm homesick

I've been visiting my parents since Dec. 21st and will be returning home this weekend ... I think.

I'm homesick. I miss my hubbahubby so much. He had to work and couldn't make this trip. Bleh. I've talked to him each night on the phone but it just makes me miss him even more.

I miss my two silly dogs. Sometimes they annoy the hell out of me but they make me laugh with their goofiness.

I miss my studio. AARRGHHHH ... I so want to bury my hands in some clay and splash paint around. I'm going through withdrawals here folks and it's about to get ugly!

I miss my pillow and my bed. Even though my parent's guest bedroom is comfy and warm it's just not the same. This house makes weird noises at night. I know the creaks and cracks of my own house at night, I don't know the sounds here and they're freaky.

Damn it all! I missed the first snowfall this year. I didn't get to wake my hubbahubby up with the first snowball on his tummy while sleeping snugly in bed. Sigh! Don't worry babe, I'll make up for it with the next snowfall. :)

It's been a good trip. Got to visit my youngest brother and his wonderful wife. Love my sister-in-law, she rocks! Caught up with a few old friends. Met my cousin's hubby, super nice guy, funny and a smartass. Ate lots of really yummy food, my parents can cook like no one else, yum yum yummy. Got to see the town, lots of new stuff but still a lot of the old around. Today mom is driving me to Victoria to go to the big craft store. That woman is pure evil I tell ya! She's trying to drive me over the edge with temptation. I have a feeling I'm going to blow my Christmas money today.

Here's wishing you all a very Happy New Year! Now get back to work and create new wonderful must haves for this year. I know I am going to.

1 comment:

Dede said...

I so feel for you! I don't travel well either, nothing compares to your bed and your surroundings. Glad that you got to catch up with your family and going to the craft store with mom no less! She rocks! Hope you return to your own bed soon. Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year!

(((HUGS)))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails