Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Yum, Yum, Yummy!

While I was at my folks for the holidays Mom, Pop and I did a lot of cooking together. This is a favorite recipe of ours for the chilly winter months. If you like garlic you're gonna love this soup! Trust me, no flu bug will come near you with all this garlic and Vampires beware.

Garlic Bread Soup with Poached Eggs

Head of garlic - Chopped
Crushed Red Pepper - 3/8 to 1/2 tsp
Olive Oil - 1/3 cup
Water - 3 quarts
French Bread - 8 slices toasted
Parmesan cheese - 1 cup grated
Chicken Bouillon (I use Knorr Chicken Bouillon in powder form) - about 2 tablespoons or to flavor
Eggs - 8

Saute garlic and red pepper in olive oil. Add 3 qts water and bring to boil. Tear French bread toast into smal pieces and add to soup. Blend with stick blender. You want the garlic , red pepper and toast to be well blended as the toast helps thicken the soup. Add chicken bouilon and stir well. Crack eggs, one at a time into a bowl and add each to the soup. Boil for about 5 minutes. Add parmesan cheese and stir gently to melt cheese into soup. Take soup of heat and enjoy.

This is so good and so easy to make that I make a double batch for Hubbahubby and I to enjoy for several days.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Wow! Thank you for sharing this family recipe! And, thank you for visiting my blog to enter my OWOH giveaway. I hope you'll be back soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails