Monday, February 22, 2010

Dancing in the snow

Although I have been known to dance in the snow this time it isn't me. :) Presenting "Winter's Dance", my newest snowperson figurine.







The tutu is made with some of that wonderful wire ribbon my mom and I found after the holidays. I bought rolls and rolls of lots of different colors and patterns and you'll be seeing it showing up in more of my art. I think it adds so much to the figurine and I love working with it. Thank you Mom for dragging me shopping that day!

Her crown was made from beads I found one weekend at a garage sale. I even got the little crytals there as well. People have no idea what they sometimes just give away at garage sales and I bet some of you are like me, always thinking "What can I turn that into......" lol.

You can find this in my Etsy shop

1 comment:

Liz Revit said...

Tamara, she's lovely!

I agree that people don't know what they get rid of at garage sales, but then maybe they don't have the vision that artists do. At least someone can take the discarded objects and turn them into something fabulous as you've done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails